|19 months old today!|
|19 months and snuggling with Daddy and Joseph. We love Saturday mornings!|
Abigail hit a lot of milestones leading up to her 19 month birthday.
- She started sleeping through the night!
- I weaned Abigail
- She has a mouth full of teeth--including molars on top and bottom.
- Abigail had her endoscopy procedure at Fairfax hospital. It breaks your heart to see them put such a little person under general anesthesia, but she did great. The report was that everything looked normal in terms of structure. They then conducted some biopsies with results to come in the future. Abigail charmed the recovery nurse, who I thought was going to try to take her home with her.
- Abigail still doesn't want to eat, but thanks to new straw/sippy cups from Grandma Donna, she is really starting to drink the Pediasure.
- Abigail loves going to Joseph's soccer and t-ball practices where she can play in the nearby playgrounds and make friends to her heart's content.
- Abigail calls the moon "moona" which is a mix between moon and luna, the Spanish word for moon which we often use in a little song
- Abigail loves peek-a-boo. If you ask "Where is Abigail?" she will hide behind her hand. If you make a surprised noise, she will laugh and laugh.
- Marc was out of town a lot this month. Once he was calling to check in, and I told her that Daddy was on the phone. She said, "Hi Marc"
- Abigail started using the word "awesome"
- Her vocabulary amazes me. Like when she used the word "ocean." Where does she learn this stuff?
- Abigail requests "Ella" on the cd player--which refers to Ella Jenkins.
- Abigail loves yes and no questions. When she answers yes, she has this excited lilt in her voice like she is so happy to tell you yes. It is hard to describe--I've got to get a video of it!
- Abigail loves our neighbor Bob's dog, Surprise. Abigail goes outside and stands by the fence to see him and squeals in delight.
- After school, Joseph and Abigail play in the backyard--Abigail's favorite time of the day (especially since I have been doing much more laying around than playing lately--Abigail relys on Joseph for fun)
- Abigail carries around a little quilted zoo box and calls it her "purse" Anything with handles is a purse to her.
- She learned to like nursery at church on Sundays. Her first week she went right in happy as could be, without looking back. (Joseph had gone in happy to nursery and I assumed Abigail would too since they share such a social nature). The nursery workers told me she started crying when sevearl other kids came who were crying. It is a big nursery (28+ kids), with a strict schedule (play rotation, music rotation, snack rotation, craft rotation), and even color coded groups assigned by age. That takes some adjusting to when you're a little one. (I am reminded that Joseph's nursery in Blacksburg was just a few children). The first week Aunt Rachel was volunteering in nursery so that helped a ton. The next week, Abigail found a man (who reminds me of my brother Andrew) and pointed to him and adopted him throughout nursery. After one more week of intermittent sadness, I decided to stay with her the whole time. The next week she seemed happy (after discovering the free play room that holds books and puzzles)--she found a copy of "Good Night Moon" and a willing soul to read it to her and she was in heaven.
|Wearing Daddy's shoes|
May 5, 2012